Monday, May 16, 2011

Romulo Csr Testimony

I'm a Brazilian man born in Belo Horizonte,‭ ‬Minas Gerais,‭ ‬but raised in Bom Despacho in the same state.‭ ‬When I was‭ ‬12‭ ‬years old,‭ ‬my mother brought my sister and I to the United States.‭ ‬The year was‭ ‬1976,‭ ‬and I have been here since.‭ ‬The cultural differences were frightening and I wanted to go back to Brazil so badly.‭   
After my first year here in America,‭ ‬I started attending school,‭ ‬but I did not like it.‭ ‬My clothes were different and I was different from the other children and because of that I was the joke of the class.‭ ‬They made fun of me in all the opportunities they‭  ‬got.‭ ‬I got very sad and depressed.‭ ‬I tried to dress up like the other kids,‭ ‬bought new clothes to try to fit in.‭ ‬But it did not help.‭ ‬I continued to be the joke of the class.‭ ‬I felt lonely and gave up in trying to be accepted by the crowd until one day I met this nice guy,‭ ‬who was always around.‭ ‬One day he approached me and he was smoking marijuana.‭ ‬He offered me and we smoked that joint together.‭ ‬It made me feel good.‭  ‬I finally started to be accepted by the crowd

My life took off in the wrong direction.‭ ‬After a while marijuana was not enough and I engaged in heavier drugs.‭ ‬I used cocaine and drank too much and became a party animal.‭ ‬Parties every weekend.‭ ‬I also got involved with a wrong type of girls having sex outside marriage.

I could feel my life was slipping away from my control and I was sinking deeper and deeper.‭ ‬After my high school years,‭ ‬some people that I respected start talking about God,‭ ‬but I was not ready for Him.‭ ‬I then turned around and called my party friends.‭ ‬We had a lot of cocaine that day.‭ ‬After this party I went home and felt empty inside.‭ ‬I knew I was missing something and did not know what it was.‭ ‬No one in my family knew about my addictions and troubles.‭ ‬I felt afraid to let my mother know to not hurt her feelings and betray her confidence.‭

One night after I had enough cocaine to knock a bear out,‭ ‬I climbed up onto the roof of the apartment building we use to live.‭ ‬There was my safety corner and started thinking about all things I have done so far,‭ ‬destroying my life.‭ ‬Suddenly I saw a spot light looming in my direction from far away.‭ ‬I thought it was the police car pointing the light at me.‭ ‬I was very frightened.‭ ‬I felt like my heart could stop beating at any minute.‭ ‬I was very high because of the cocaine and could not discern if it was really happening or if it was hallucination.‭ ‬I ran so fast and climb down from the top of the roof and went straight to sleep.‭ ‬The next day I woke up and thought about what those people had told me about God,‭ ‬He loved me and had plans for my life.‭ ‬I knew of a Christian Church that stood on the street below where I used to live and told myself to go there and check it out.‭ (‬Analyzing these events now this was really a call from God‭)‬.

‭ ‬I walked into the church with my skateboard at hand.‭ ‬I walked toward the two people who were greeting everyone.‭ ‬When they saw the skateboard they told me they had a place to park it.‭ ‬They were kidding with me,‭ ‬naturally.‭ ‬I felt very well inside the Church,‭ ‬truly safe,‭ ‬loved and accepted.

I said to myself:‭ "‬Wow,‭ ‬these people are so kind‭" ‬I sat and listened to the message that the pastor was giving.‭ ‬It was as if God was talking to me.‭ ‬I remember just have asked God to forgive me and come into my life at the end of the meeting

I grabbed my skateboard,‭ ‬stepped outside the church and started walking home.‭ ‬Felt like a feather in the wind,‭ ‬like very heavy stone had been lifted from my shoulders.‭ ‬I felt peace in my heart like never before I felt.

I remember going back now where II lived and talking with my old friends about what had happened to me.‭ ‬They thought,‭ ‬at first,‭ ‬that I was crazy and that my new way of life would not last.‭ ‬They saw how my life turned around.‭ ‬These persons with whom I shared Christ and came with me to church,‭ ‬two months later accepted Jesus as their Savior.‭ ‬One of them is Assistant pastor in Las Vegas today.‭ ‬As Jesus has changed my life,‭ ‬He can change your’s too.                         

No comments: